Shut the front door on those winter bugs! Good bye to raspy throats, heavy heads and more time off work.
Soup reigns supreme in winter. Not only are they packed full of vegetables, soups are a great lunch and dinner. Heck! Some cultures even eat soup for breakfast!
High in vitamin c, potassium, folate and fibre, this creamy cauliflower soup is a delicious vegan winter warmer and can be whipped up in half an hour.
My kids enjoyed a bowl after their after school activities.
Creamy Cauliflower soup
- onion, chopped
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- cup almond milk
- cups vegetable broth/stock
- ¼ c nutritional yeast (or substitute with ¼ cup blended soaked cashews)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c lemon juice
Tips: Nutritional yeast is high in protein and vitamin B12, so great for vegetarians!
- In a pot, heat oil and add onion and garlic and saute until softened (approx. 5 mins)
- Add to the pot cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and potato an saute for 5 mins.
- Add to the pot broth, milk, yeast and seasoning. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Blend half the soup leaving some chunky for texture.
Our health and wellness retreats always include delicious plant based meals, we may even have this on our next one day retreat… learn more here